Upcoming Public Events
- Australian Hearing Hub Open House (23 August)
- Professor Daniel Bub: Our intelligent hands: The role of action in language comprehension. (6th November)
- Professor Greg Hickok Public Lecture: What the computational neuroanatomy of speech reveals about language, motor control, mirror neurons, embodied cognition, and the architecture of the mind/brain. (21 November)
Upcoming Conferences and Workshops
- Memory in the Treetops workshop (17-18 October)
- CCD Annual Workshop 2014 - towards transformational research in cognition and its disorders (20-21 August)
- CLaS-CCD Bilingualism Workshop (8 August)
- SR Eyetracking workshop (7 August)
Neural pathways for prosody
Speaker : Daniela Sammler, Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig, Germany Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology, University of Glasgow, UK.
Date : 5th of September 2014, 12:00PM until 1:30PM
Location : Australian Hearing Hub, 3.610, Macquarie University.
Implicit learning of complex auditory temporal structures with even and uneven meters
Speaker : Dr. Josephine Terry, MARCS institute, University of Western Sydney.
Date : 19th of September 2014, 12:00PM until 1:30PM
Location : AHH, Level 3, Room 3.610, Macquarie University.
Graph-based semi-supervised learning for structured prediction: The case of machine translation. (CLaS-CCD Research Colloquium)
Speaker : Dr Gholamreza (Reza) Haffari, Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University.
Date : 25th of September 2014, 4:00PM until 5:30PM
Location : E6A, Level 2, Room 202, Macquarie University.
Upcoming CCD Seminars
- Wednesday 27th Aug,
Associate Professor Lucrecia Rallo Fabra,
"'The effects of content-and-language-integrated-learning on Spanish-Ca..."
- Friday 29th Aug,
Professor Naama Friedmann ,
"Syntactic difficulties of children with hearing impairment: The criti..."
- Friday 5th Sep,
"Neural pathways for prosody"
- Friday 19th Sep,
Dr. Josephine Terry,
"Implicit learning of complex auditory temporal structures with even an..."