Essentials on sentence-processing ERP studies: Experimental design and data analysis
Macquarie University, Sydney, 16-17 May 2016
This intensive two-day workshop will provide participants with the essentials on how to design and analyse sentence-processing ERP experiments. The workshop will be in the form of morning lectures, and also afternoon hands-on tutorials. All are welcome to attend the morning lectures. The hands-on sessions are designed for participants who have an intermediate level of familiarity with the fundamental principles of EEG data acquisition and analysis.
For further information or enquiries, please send an email to email@example.com
- Phaedra Royle (Université de Montréal)
- Karsten Steinhauer (McGill University)
- 10:00-13:00 Introduction to ERP experimental design and data analysis, Part 1 (Lecture)
- Design: auditory vs. visual studies; preparing speech stimuli, triggers, fillers
- Data analysis: filters, baselines, time-locking
- 14:00-17:00 Hands-on session on the topics discussed in the morning session.
- 10:00-13:00 Introduction to ERP experimental design and data analysis, Part 2 (Lecture)
- Design: working with special populations (children, L2, clinical populations)
- Data analysis: component overlap, wrap-up effects, inter-individual differences
- 14:00-17:00 Hands-on session on the topics discussed in the morning session, and general question and answer.
- Registration and lecture will take place in the Seminar Room (Room 3.610, Level 3) Australian Hearing Hub at Macquarie University, Sydney NSW, Australia.
- Hands-on session will take place in the Computer lab (Room 333) Building W5C at Macquarie University, Sydney NSW, Australia.
ARC Laureate Fellowship (Demuth), Macquarie University Centre for Language Sciences (CLaS) and the Child Language Lab, and the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders (CCD), hosted by the Department of Cognitive Science at Macquarie University
Upcoming CCD Seminars
- Wednesday 29th Mar,
Professor Ocke-Schwen Bohn,
"Second language speech learning: Do cross-language phonetic ..."
- Friday 31st Mar,
Professor Paula Fikkert,
"Umlaut in the history of West Germanic with particular focus on Dutch. ..."
- Wednesday 12th Apr,
Dr Danielle Colenbrander,
"Morphological instruction for children with reading and spelling ..."
- Wednesday 19th Apr,
"Beginner guide to Magnetoencephalography (MEG)"